TOP 5 PRODUCTS FOR LONG HAIR + TIPS FOR GROWING IT OUT
Having long hair can be so beautiful and elegant yet it can also be a major pain in the butt. I have been growing mine out for about two years and for some reason, it never seems like it is long enough. I also have very fine and thin hair, which means I have to work extra hard to keep any semblance of volume in it. So, for todays post, I thought I would share with you all 5 products that have made growing my hair out SO much easier as well as a few tips for keeping it healthy.
1. It’s a 10 Leave In Conditioner – This stuff is fantastic! It makes it so much easier to comb through wet hair once you apply it. It also acts as a heat protectant for when you want to use heat on your hair. I buy the original one but it does come in blonde, light, and plus keratin.
2. Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioner – This is by far my favorite deep conditioning treatment. It smells fantastic and doesn’t weigh my hair down. I use it about once a week for 10 minutes.
3. IGK Shampoo and Conditioner – This stuff also smells amazing but it doesn’t weigh anything and leaves me plenty of volume (Do you see a theme here?)
4. Hue Clarifying Shampoo – I also love their purple shampoo for blonde hair. Clarifying your hair every once in a while is good for keeping the built up gunk off and letting the hair breathe.
5. Scrunchies – I know it sounds weird but I am so thankful that these elastic gold-mines have come back into style because they are probably the only hair tie that doesn’t pull my hair out. They are 70% gentler on your hair when putting in into a bun or ponytail. Use them, they are your friend.
A FEW TIPS
1. When brushing your hair, always start detangling at the bottom and work your way up (brushing downward obviously).
2. Take Biotin supplements. You can find small amounts of it in daily vitamins but they sell it by itself too.
3. Wash it every other day or every third day when you can. It’s actually better for it.
4. Get it trimmed every 2 months. I know it sounds counterintuitive but it really does work to keep the hair healthier in the long term.
5. Easy on the heat styling. Try to use heatless methods when you can, like braids or twisted buns overnight.
SHOP THE POST
Thank you so much for reading and if anyone has any additional tips on growing hair out or products you love to use, please leave them in a comment below!