I don’t know about you but I have been binge watching any and every Hallmark or Hallmark-like Christmas movie I can find. I still don’t know why I love them so much but I definitely know that I am not alone! Netflix released a couple this year and Hulu had some gems of their own. I have made a couple of movie lists for you all (you know how much I love lists lol).
Enjoyable Hallmark(esque) Christmas Movies
- The Spirit of Christmas – A girl falls in love with a ghost and she has to help him figure out how he died and why. It won’t win an Oscar but I have watched it 3 times.
- A Cinderella Christmas – A very different take on the classic Cinderella story. The acting isn’t amazing in this one either but I still really enjoyed it.
- Holiday Joy- More of a teen/family movie but the main actress is so much fun to watch. Plus, it will really make you appreciate what you have.
- The Christmas Wedding Planner – This one was borderline bad but I still liked it. I have a soft spot for low budget movies with Christmas-y storylines.
- The Princess Switch – Vanessa Hudgens can’t do a British accent to save her life but it was really cute. I love a good happy ending.
Laughably Bad Christmas Movies
- The Dogwalker’s Christmas Tail – I feel like the name speaks for itself but omg the budget on this one had to be so low. They recycled main actors as extras if you watch really closely.
- Christmas In The Heartland – This movie started out just bad acting and weird storyline but by the time you get to the last scene aka the musical number, you will be reaching for the heavier alcohol.
- Switchmas – Strangely similar plot line to the last movie but throw in some incest and Jewish holiday traditions and you can’t go wrong, or can you?
- Santa Claws- I think that they started out making this movie, about cats and dogs saving Christmas, thinking that they had a bigger budget for special affects than they actually did because ten minutes in, the animals stop opening their mouths to speak and they just have voiceovers like in Homeward Bound. So so bad.
My Classic Go To Christmas Movies
- Love Actually – Classic ensemble cast movie.
- Elf – Everyone loves a cute Christmas movie about an elf looking for his real dad. I don’t normally love Will Ferrell movies but this one is a keeper.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – We have been watching this movie since I was too young to hear the “big speech” scene.
- The Holiday- Two women switch homes over Christmas to get away and they find love and friendship in their new homes.
- The Muppet’s Christmas Carol – We used to watch it on VHS and we are still at it.
If you have any movies to add to any of these three lists, I would love to hear them!