Its really tough for us Floridians this time of year because, while the rest of the country is in chunky sweaters and playing in piles of colorful leaves, we are sitting here in 90 degree weather. I know this well as I have been in Orlando for 29 years. Therefore, I decided to create a Fall bucket list with fun things to do in Orlando during the fall that make October and November feel festive. So in case you are in Orlando or visiting, here is what to do in Orlando in the Fall.
8 THINGS TO DO IN THE FALL IN ORLANDO FLORIDA
- Epcot Food And Wine Fest – I am pretty sure this one doesn’t need much explanation but for those of you who have never been, Epcot sets up 20 or so small pavilions in each country around the World Showcase. Each one has food from a different country or region and you can taste as many as you want. The plates are small and great for sharing.
- The Petrified Forest – Located in Altimonte, The Petrified Forest is a small “scare zone”, much like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, but a little more tame. It is a walk-through set up in the forest where you can go and walk through scene after scene with live actors trying to scare you. Don’t worry, it isn’t THAT scary.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch – Yes, even down here where it is 90 degrees in October, we have Pumpkin Patches. You can find one close to you here.
- Go to a Fall Carnival – A lot of churches and schools offer Fall Festivals this time of year and they are a lot of fun. Get some good carnival food and play some games or ride some rides. Always a good time.
- Movies in the Park at Leu Gardens – One Friday a month, Leu Gardens shows a movie in the park where you can take a blanket and watch the featured movie.
- Horse Back Riding – You have to go out to Oveido or Kissimmee for these but they are there and they are so much fun!
- Trunk or Treat – Countless churches and schools host trunk or treat events in October. Volunteer to decorate a trunk or just go by to see all of the adorable costumes and get some good treats.
- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal – I have yet to go to this even though I have lived here my whole life but I hear it is really fun! You can even buy a frequent scare pass now. Definitely want to do this one day.
PUMPKIN PATCH OUTFIT IDEA
Sweater / Scarf / Jeans / Boots / Bag
SHOP THE POST
As always, thanks for reading! And if any of you fellow Floridians have any suggestions for hot weather Fall activities, leave them below for me!
Petrified forest sounds like a fun, more affordable option for a “horror night”. I’ll have to check it out. Downtown Winter Garden is hosting a fall festival on Halloween and they have lots of vendors, live music, candy for the kiddos, and you also get to see many dressed up in costumes, including the doggies.
Kelly Varner says
Oh cool! I may have to check that out 🙂