This cookie recipe is my famous Flat Cookie recipe and it has a story with it. My family and I stayed in a small B&B in Merritt Island and the hostess had baked these incredible cookies. I came back for more like 10 times until she finally offered me the recipe. I never found out the actual name for them and the first time I made them, I used all purpose flour instead of self=rising, so they came out like little pancakes. Thus, they were named Flat Cookies. Once I used the correct flour, they came out great.
The cookies are a mix between a gingerbread, chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and a sugar cookie. Fair warning though, they may lead to a new addiction. They are so good!
Enjoy the recipe and I hope you all love them.
Flat Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups butter-flavored Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups SELF RISING flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Mix brown sugar, softened butter, and eggs with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and vanilla.
- Combine the two mixtures into one and as it mixes, add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for approximately 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Roll dough into small balls and roll in powdered sugar before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and sprinkle powdered sugar on top for the finishing touch.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply